I offer one off workshops or full training modules to fellow theatre artists, community groups or professional education establishments. All materials provided.
University Centre Leeds, Guildhall school of music and drama, Ripon st John University, Doncaster College, Fidget Theatre, Mind the Gap, Harrogate Theatre Royal, Cast, Scrap Creative, Slung Low
- What is puppetry? An overview of forms, history and resources
- Introduction to the principles of manipulation and exploring the shift between abstract and anthropomorphic movement
- Being creative with materials to develop atmosphere and story.
- Object symbolism and uses; exploring our changing energy and ways of devising with them
- Object movement and character development
- Table-top puppetry. Developing a movement catalogue and non-language based narrative. Connecting with your audience, improvisation and choreography methods for working in duo.
- Bunraku, 2 or 3 puppeteer puppets. Working from our own bodies to understand the intricacies of human movement, dance creation and physicalising monologue.
- Lip sync. Developing characters, on or off screen to share meaningful stories we become absorbed by.
- Hand puppetry. How expressive are our hands? Limited only by our imagination we will explore design and movement possibilities.
Please click below to visit my company website and social media
Please get in touch!